Hello friends and family! Eric and I welcomed our little girl, Grafton, into the world on January 9, 2009 and our baby boy, James, on December 2, 2010! We have just been blessed with our precious baby girl, Price, who was born August 28, 2012. We feel incredibly blessed and humbled, and we thank our gracious Lord above for all of our amazing family and friends. We hope this blog can give you a glimpse into our lives and a taste of how precious our children are. God is so so good, and we praise His Holy name.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Grafton turns ONE!

It is hard for me to imagine that one year ago little Grafton came into this world and changed our life forever.  This year has flown by, and Grafton has grown so much, changed so much, and become such a sweet little girl.  All of those first year milestones have passed and she is walking, playing and enjoying life.  It is a bitter sweet day for me- I love celebrating her birthday and throwing her a 1st birthday party, but I am also a little sad that her 1st year is over and she is no longer a little baby.  She has truly been such a delight and joy- I don't think there is anything I would have changed about her first year.  She has made my 1st year as a mom an incredible one, and I feel more blessed than ever to have her as my daughter.

We had a small 1st birthday party for Grafton at DeeDee and Pops' house with just family and a few close friends.  Grafton's cousin Leyton, her friend Reid, and her friend Thomas were all there to celebrate along with her cousins Madelyn and Mallory.  The kids played a lot and it was adorable watching them all interact. Grafton spotted her presents early on and made a fast dash over to them to begin opening the boxes!  She got great gifts and is one spoiled girl!  Cake time was not a favorite for Grafton- she tasted the icing, made a face, then burst into tears!!!  I guess I should be glad that she doesn't like sweets?!  In all, it was a wonderful party with some wonderful friends and family and I know Grafton had a fun time!

So, at month 12, what is new with Grafton? Well, she walks pretty well, she is saying more words (busted out with "cott" this week for Scott and "aggie" for Maggie), she still doesn't eat much food but that will hopefully change soon, she is getting off breastmilk and on to whole milk, her best friend is our lab Tucker (she will play with him for 30 minutes straight), she sleeps from about 8 pm to 7:30 am, she takes 2 naps a day (my favorite one is our morning nap that we still take together- our cuddle time is priceless), she loves to wave bye-bye and is learning how to blow a kiss (right now she just puts her hand on her mouth and smiles), she is getting attached to her sippy cup, she still wears 9 month sized dresses, her top molars are coming in (making 10 teeth now), she loves bath time and loves to read. She is a very happy baby but also very attached to the people she knows....ie. she isn't very good with strangers, nursery workers, or people we don't see too often. She loves her DeeDee and Pops and Uncle Scott so much and they spoil her rotten. 

Here are lots of pictures from the party today- as you can see I just couldn't stop taking pictures!!











1 comment:

SKW said...

Such great pictures! Looks like y'all had such a fun time!