Hello friends and family! Eric and I welcomed our little girl, Grafton, into the world on January 9, 2009 and our baby boy, James, on December 2, 2010! We have just been blessed with our precious baby girl, Price, who was born August 28, 2012. We feel incredibly blessed and humbled, and we thank our gracious Lord above for all of our amazing family and friends. We hope this blog can give you a glimpse into our lives and a taste of how precious our children are. God is so so good, and we praise His Holy name.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Top Ten Moment

I was putting James and Grafton to sleep tonight, as usual, Grafton in the top bunk and James in the bottom. I always lie down with James until he falls asleep...which is usually just 10 minutes or so...otherwise he will escape from his room!  It is special time...I get to cuddle with my little love bug and also feel close to Grafton since she is up in the top bed. I really do love this time....but tonight totally melted my heart.

As I was cuddling with James...."spooning" as they say (haha)...he started to calm down and get still...then slowly he reached his arm back until he found my hand...and just held it.  Yes.  That's it.  He just laid there, holding my hand, and drifted off to sleep.  Such a simple little thing but it TOTALLY melted my heart!! I was literally smiling as I waited for him to fall asleep, and I prayed to God, thanking him for this little boy with a big smile, sweet soul, and huge heart. I felt his hand relax and his fingers fall, and I knew he was asleep, but I promise that I will never forget that moment and that feeling- just some sweet love between a mommy and her little boy.

Big boy cheering on the rebels Saturday at the baseball game. He takes his baseball cheering quite seriously!

No comments: