Hello friends and family! Eric and I welcomed our little girl, Grafton, into the world on January 9, 2009 and our baby boy, James, on December 2, 2010! We have just been blessed with our precious baby girl, Price, who was born August 28, 2012. We feel incredibly blessed and humbled, and we thank our gracious Lord above for all of our amazing family and friends. We hope this blog can give you a glimpse into our lives and a taste of how precious our children are. God is so so good, and we praise His Holy name.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

The poor 2nd child

So recently I have noticed how the 1st child is usually a good bit more spoiled than the 2nd child....simply for the reason that the parents have more time to spend with the 1st child when it is the only child!  For instance, Grafton had a big party for her baptism day...and James only had a small family gathering.  Grafton was constantly held all the time....and James is usually in his swing or on his playmat because Grafton requires a lot of my attention.  Since I am aware of the differences I am trying hard to make special times with James, but they usually occur when Grafton is napping or already gone to bed!  Anyways, here is yet another example of what happens to the 2nd child....

As I was trying to upload all my pictures this morning I put James in his bumbo...then here came Grafton trying to get in it with him!  She was being sweet and giving him kisses...
Uh oh...Here comes Maggie...Sizing James up!
And she goes in for the kisses!!! ahhhhh! I turn around to find James being smothered in licks by Maggie!
Maggie just can't get enough.  Poor James!

And lastly, sweet James finally got to take a nap....then Grafton decided that a lemon needed to sleep with him and put up on his arm!  She does this all the time- she piles toys on him, food on him, even clothes on him- thinking he is old enough to do something with it!  And this sweet little boy just goes along with it!

1 comment:

jillemersonbell said...

Hey Shae! This is Jill Bell. I just found your blog through Margaret Neely's blog. So cute! Adding you to my blog list now :)