Hello friends and family! Eric and I welcomed our little girl, Grafton, into the world on January 9, 2009 and our baby boy, James, on December 2, 2010! We have just been blessed with our precious baby girl, Price, who was born August 28, 2012. We feel incredibly blessed and humbled, and we thank our gracious Lord above for all of our amazing family and friends. We hope this blog can give you a glimpse into our lives and a taste of how precious our children are. God is so so good, and we praise His Holy name.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Just like that...

...the summer has come to end. Just like that our pool days are finished, our pajama mornings are over, and our fun, silly days are changing. Back in May when the kids were getting out of school, I remember hoping that we wouldn't get bored this summer...and I remember saying that I wanted to really treasure every day that I had with these 3 children before school would start again in August. Back in May, I had NO idea how quickly the summer would fly by and how much fun we would have. From redneck pool days to beach trips to weekend vacations to play dates to lazy mornings to creative crafts to reading class to pool time with friends to ice cream treats....and the list could go on...we have really "lived it up" this summer and there is not a day I regret. I am incredibly thankful that God blessed us with so many amazing memories and sweet moments this summer.  And I am even more thankful that He opened my eyes to these precious moments and allowed me to take it all in.  He is so so good.
Feeding the ducks!
 A trip to Memphis is not complete without visiting Target!
 So happy to have Price's new carseat
 And a quiet ride home from Memphis...
 Movie Night!! The kids loved Planes.
 This sweet boy made my day Monday morning when he looked at me, gave me a big hug, and said "Mommy is my best buddy!" Oh how I adore this sweet baby boy.
I am incredibly proud of this big girl. This summer she has learned of read and absolutely loves it! She adores Mrs Donna, our sweet friend who spent many, many morning with Grafton, teaching her to read. They developed such a precious relationship and I am thankful to have such a Godly woman in Grafton's life. Grafton knows all of her sight words, can read all of the days, months, colors, and numbers, and knows her short and long vowel words. She can read books and sound out words that she hasn't learned. Who knew a four year old could do this?!  And who knew a four year old would WANT to do this?! She just blows me away every day!
 Price's new "pucker up" face! She loves to give kisses and has started making this kissy face and smacking her lips! She is such a little cutie pie!
 Bath time fun!
 A trip to the Dentist....unfortunately this precious smile didn't last too long!
 Our last pool day of the summer! So proud of these water babies!
 Picnic dinner with Aunt Sam!
Yes...this looks like a total mess doesn't it? This was Thursday morning, but it could have been any morning because this is what my house usually looks like. This particular morning I was watching the kids make this mess, and I couldn't help but smile. This mess is the reason I cry about summer being over and school starting. To me, these mornings are full of sharing, team work, relationship building, working through problems, forgiveness, creativity, lots of laughter, and lots of learning. These kids really are best friends. I had a friend ask me the other day if my kids are ever apart...and I proudly answered "No!" They don't want to be apart! All this time that we spend together is building such a precious relationship for all of them.  And that is why I am HAPPY to see these "messes" in my house.

No comments: